Saturday, December 06, 2008
Sorry if this all seems kind-of last minute but, ironically, we asked Ume to headline this show a long time ago; we simply had a lot of scheduling issues to overcome (holiday season and all). I'm a huge fan of Lauren's fretwork so playing with Ume for me is a thrill. The great thing is, despite a few crazy scheduling headaches, it's actually happening and, even better, it's free!!!!
By the way, that poster is by Michael C. Rodriguez. He's a local artist who I commissioned to do the show's poster. I've dug his work for some time and, happily, got to meet him recently. It turns out he's a nice guy to boot. This is something we're hoping to do more of in the future - working with local artists and commissioning posters, not only as a way to make our posters look better, but also as a way to highlight the talent here in Houston.
Anyhow, we hope to see you there and note that a few new songs will be making their debut.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
at Rudyard's British Pub
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Photo Rosa Guerrero
Thanks every oneWith Love to the Terrastock NationThe Lp4
Charlie wraps it up with Photos by Rosa Guerrero for the Houston Press:Holiday Road: Linus Pauling Quartet Hits Terrastock
Ramon wraps it up for the Free PressHouston: Music with Jameson & Lone Star: special Terrastock 7 edition
Friday, April 11, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Monday, March 17, 2008
I had a blast playing SXSW. I just want to say thank you to everyone who came out, those who provided beds and showers, the good folks at the Tap at 6, SXSW, and all my many good good sweet-hearted friends whom I love so dearly for making this SXSW so amazing. It's our third time and easily, for me, the best time ever. I've never been so sad to see it all end. Thanks everyone, that was a truly singular experience.
Live LP4 Photo by Ericspin
Saturday, February 16, 2008
We have just added three tracks (available for you to download) in anticipation of our playing SXSW next month.
1) An untitled live improvisation in the studio. Load the Bong!
2) The rare and extremely limited issue #48 of the Grey Ghost Series by your truly - HAWG! here reduced to a 112Kbps but, hey, it's better than nothing - especially since the original was limited to 13 copies. Note: includes gratuitous sex, drugs, motorcycles, use of of the phrase "Motherfucker", and guaranteed to not contain more that two chords!
3) Alien Abduction - the opening track from our newest album "All Things are Light"
Here is the link: http://www.myspace.com/linuspaulingquartet
Friday, February 15, 2008
- Phil McMullen of England's Ptolemaic Terrascope penned a lovely review (Link)
- DJ Astro of Finland's The Psychotropic Zone Psychedelic Music Club was just as gracious (Link)
- Mats Gustafson of Sweden's Broken Face chimes in on Jan 08 with a sweet review. (Link)
- Fred Mills at Harp magazine wrote some nice things (Link)
- Jerry Kranitz at Aural Innovations also was very kind. (Link)
- The Rice Radio Folio (KTRU) Dropped us in their top local albums (Link PDF)
- Andrew Nicolaou at Southern puts the album in his top 30. (Link)
- I can't read Poland's Tableau! but I do understand "Stoner-Fuck-Rock" (link)
- Greece's Electric Requiem wrote up a review but we honestly can't read a lick of Greek. I guessing it's favorable if only because we have a lot of very nice fans from Greece who we like very much. (Link)
- Additonally Space City Rock did a nice review of the LP4 itself. (Link)