Monday, October 23, 2006

How do I ask this nicely? Oh and Houston Calling Happy Hour Tonight.

Hey nothing against Studemont Project - admittedly this ain't my thing so I can't even attempt to make any judgments about their music - but what is it with the KTRU Presents Studement Project at Valhalla? Given the excellent local bands around, I'd think KTRU would be presenting something a bit more...ummm, you know...uh...how do I say this nicely...less bland? Hey, look, I'm just asking. No,seriously,I am...

I mean take a look at David Cobb's Houston Calling Happy Hour show tonight at the Proletariat with Something Fierce, Southern Backtones, and Brightmen of Learning. . Sure it's not perfect. Southern Backtones are not my bag and them being placed between Something Fierce and Bright Men of Learning is pretty annoying. Then I have the fact that the early start may make this show a bit tight for me to catch. Nevertheless it still sounds much more interesting and it's definitely a promising idea especially if Cobb does thing kind of thing in the future. So if miss it let me know how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Studemont Project is one of the most eclectic and interesting bands in the area... they have live drums, standup bass, analog keys and a DJ... these guys put their hearts and soul into their shows. I understand if it aint your bag, but there is no way that Studemont is 'bland'. Studemont is as eclectic as the music played on KTRU, and therefore perfectly suited for a show at Valhalla, rather than some trendy indie bands. Studemont Project took home Best Underground Hip-Hop for 2003 and 2006 from the Houston Press, and Best Hip-Hop from Free Press Houston. Houston loves these guys and so do I. Your entitled to your opinion as to what you like to see, but there is no way that Studemont Project is 'bland'.

Ramon Medina - LP4 said...

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to come to their defense. Thanks, You haven't convinced me but thanks for answering my question.